The Grapes, 14 Westgate Street, Bath, BA1 1EQ
Hours: Full Time
At the The Grapes we recognise a good General Manager is key to our success.
A public house since 1792, The Grapes is a busy, award-winning bar with live music, a stunning Jacobean event space and rooms.
Re-opened in 2019 following a full refurbishment, this freehouse in the heart of Bath’s busy city centre is looking to hire an experienced General Manager to help grow the business further and complement the existing team who will support you all the way with getting settled in.
Specialising in craft beers, local ciders, wines and spirits we are looking for someone with a real enthusiasm for provenance and the drinks industry. You will continue to forge good relationships with suppliers and buy locally to keep the bar well stocked with the best products the area has to offer.
We have a well established programme of live music events in the bar which is open until 2am at the weekends, with something happening most nights. Our upstairs event space has a strong community focus including life drawing classes, meetings, tastings and for the past three years, a Japanese Izakaya at the weekends. With plans underway to relocate the izakaya to a new site later in the year, we are keen for you to explore the potential of private hire, making this an ideal step for someone with event experience who wants to manage high energy, late night trade.
The bar is popular with locals, hospitality staff, students and Bath visitors alike and a popular Airbnb completes the business offer where we want everyone to feel welcome.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
• Opportunities to grow with lifelong learning and funded qualifications
• Celebrating success– award nights, away days and team socials!
On top of this, we offer a pension; and 21 days paid holiday.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? AS GENERAL MANAGER YOU’LL…
• Manage, mentor and train your team
• Ensure our guests are cared for and receive a high quality of service
• Provide excellent customer experiences
• Work towards achieving business targets
• Dedicate time to developing your team
WHAT DO I NEED?
• Be a seasoned pro in the hospitality industry
• Have mastered the ins and outs of exceptional guest service
• Share the bigger picture to inspire and empower your team
• Develop and grow events and day time trade
• Maintain excellent sales and set new targets with your team
WHAT TO I DO NEXT?
To apply for this role fill out the Job Application Form below where you will also need to upload a copy of your CV. A full Job Description will be emailed to you if your application is successful and you are invited to interview.